Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My favorite three-way: Me, Ben, Jerry

If anything could ease the frustration of a tax deadline, it's annual Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry's. We almost missed it this year, too. Had it not been for the sign outside the scoop shop by my house, I probably would have driven past without a second thought. So, the little one and I splurged on a pre-dinner snack. She had chocolate, I opted for Cherry Garcia because they didn't have my favorite flavor available.

I blog today about B&J because it is truly one of the perfect writing foods. I couldn't tell how grateful I am to my favorite purveyors of frozen dairy goodness and the many times they have eased the irritation of writer's block. Got stuck on Taste This, had a scoop of Cool Britannia and kept on writing. As it turned out, that was a good flavor to inspire further writing about a gay pastry chef abducted by an alien with a sweet tooth. Who knew?

If I had to base an ice cream flavor on any of my books, I know I couldn't use a vanilla base, because my writing is anything but! I do love chocolate, though, particularly bittersweet and dark, so I suppose I would have to add nuts (ha!) and maybe a marshmallow ribbon for added sweetness. Maybe add some fruit chunks like raspberry or strawberry, and top it with some whipped cream and hot fudge.

Damn, now I'm hungry. Well, I still have a Force submission to finish up for Phaze before the deadline. Hoping I get it done before I go to RT. I think I need to make a few trips to the freezer.

2 comments:

Sabrina Luna said...

Hey! You're making *me* hungry too! IMHO, there's nothing like ice cream with some M/M on top (& I ain't talkin' about the candies)! ;)

Hugs,
Sabrina )O(

Amanda Young said...

Now you've got me craving ice cream. Unfortunetly, we don't have a B & J here. The closest ice cream shop is a Dairy Queen and even it's almost an hour away. Dang it. *g*

Related Posts with Thumbnails