Monday, April 16, 2007

WIP Wars

Have you ever been just not sure what you want to work on next? I have two works in progress right now. Okay, so it’s more like five, but two in particular are running neck and neck for all my attention. I’m having a heck of a time trying to decide which one to focus on. I keep waffling back and forth, doing a little to one and then a little to the other. In the mix, I’m not accomplishing much.

So, I thought I would put it up for a vote. See what you all think sounds the most interesting and run with that one. I suck at synopses but here goes…

The first is a vampire story I’m calling Secrets & Lies. Some of you may have read the first chapter of this here on the blog a few weeks ago. It’s basically about a natural born vampire who struggles against diversity. He just so happens to falls in love with the very human he shouldn’t, and ends up with more on his plate then he can sink his teeth into.

The second is a paranormal tentatively titled Pyromancer. It’s about a man with the ability to control fire who’s scared of making connection with anyone because his emotions rule his ability. Desperate for human contact, he strikes up a bargain with a rent boy who has more to hide than he does and things quickly slide downhill from there.

So what do you think? Vampires and werewolves, oh my? Or a man who can ignite your fire, quite literally?

6 comments:

ingrid said...

Light my fire. they both sound good but Pyromancer seems like it could have an interesting twist to it.

Joely Skye said...

Well, since I read that first chapter and want to read more, Secrets and Lies first. But I must add that Pyromancer has its own appeal. (And I loved Firestarter by Stephen King—you can spearhead a whole new subgenre!) Seriously I like this idea, which is definitely not same old same old.

Amanda Young said...

I'm a fan of Firestarter myself, Joely. Love Stephen King's early works. Now there's a man who has a wild imagination. *g*

I usually don't start new projects when I'm in the middle of something, but the plot for Pyromancer just kinda jumped out there and is trying to take over my brain. Hate when that happens. lol

Vicki said...

Pyromancer, that just sounds really intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Pyromancer, definitely. Vampires have been done to death, if you'll pardon the pun. Firestarter, though, sounds like it's got a bunch of interesting possibilities.the

T.A.Chase said...

I'd go with the Pyromancer as well, Amanda. Definitely a more original plot idea. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails