Saturday, August 18, 2007

Slashy Favorites...A question for readers...

On the long drive back from visiting family today, I had time to think about my blog post and what I wanted to write. I realized, I am woefully under-read in the world of slashy erotic romance, and I think that is a trend that has to end. So this week, I'm asking...

Who is your favorite slashy author? What publisher do you go to first when you want hot M/M erotic romance?

I know right now my current, probably perennial favorite, M/M author is Kate Hill (though he other work rocks too). Her M/M work, especially her vamps... whoa! grab a tall, cold glass of iced tea, start up the fan, sit on some ice, and prepare to pant!!!! Her work grabs you around the throat (or other places *wink*) and pulls you along on a magic carpet ride of a story and will not let go. What can I say? I'm an unashamed Kate Hill fan girl... as are many of you, I'm sure. *grin*

My fellow slash and burn authors have some great M/M out there too. I certainly don't want to forget them. *smile*

And I know there's more out there that in the words of my very first critique group, "I read it, loved it, and made it a part of me." but my sleep-deprived and staring-way-too-long-at-Iowa's I-80 vistas foggy brain is having a hard time coming up with them. So tell me... what are some of your favorites?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When looking for new m/m ebooks, I usually check looseid, samhain, because I know they usually have the authors that I like, or they can be trusted in new authors. Than I shall check other publishers, but those are the first ones, and sometimes you get nice surprises.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Kate Hill, but I buy anything from JL Langely, Laura Baumbach and Jet Mykles. Then I have individual favorites among theirs. Jet's Heaven. Baumbach's A Bit of Rough and JL's Without Reservation. Publishers are Loose ID, Torquere and Samhain respectively.

I have other favorite books out there, but these three authors are my must buy in this genre.

And the writer who got me started in this genre, wrote Fanfiction. I don't read a lot of it these days. Don't have time and don't know who is good, etc, but Paxnirvana's Liontaming and Possession arcs began it all. ;)

Alex Draven said...

I tend to gravitate to Torquere titles - particular favourites? Anah Crow, Jordan Castillo Price, Julia Talbot (especially for the historicals) - and for pure heat? Chris Owen.

Oh, and Manna Francis's Administration series is *fantastic* stuff.

Amanda Young said...

My first stop for M/M is Torquere. After that, it's Loose and Samhain. I can't say who my favorite is, that's way too hard. *g*

Julie said...

Loose and Torquere are usually where I look 1st, and the authors I buy pretty much whatever the put out there is TA Chase, Laura Baumbach, JL Langley, Ally Blue, ML Rhodes, Kate Steele & Jet Myckles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails