Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Waiting Game



My novel For Love and Country was released just a little over a week ago from Samhain Publishing. And I'm in that lovely, or not so lovely, limbo state. I've gotten one review for it already (Beth from Paranormal Romance Reviews says: "...This story is wonderfully written and I was drawn in from the first page. The characters are very appealing and easy to fall for. It's a wonderful blend of history and romance and the sexual tension between the two characters really heats up the pages. Mary Winter's desire to bring the Civil War era to life has paid off.") However, that's the only review I've seen so far.

I've heard some good things about this book, so I know (okay, so I hope) people are buying it and reading it. But those first few weeks after a story's release are very tenuous. We all want to believe that people are buying, and reading, and loving our work. However, the waiting takes it toll. Every author, I'm sure, goes through this, and in the end, we finally see reviews or reader comments and know that yes, the book did reach its intended audience and they enjoyed it. (whew!)

I am noticing that reviews are taking longer to come in these days. But then again there are tons of new books released every month. It'd take a huge staff to get through all of them. And many people are like me, where certain authors are definitely on the "to read" list. It just takes a while to get there.

So in the meantime, I'll wait as patiently as I can.

1 comment:

Joely Skye said...

Hey, congrats on hitting the bestseller list, Mary :)

Your novella sounds fascinating too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails