Monday, June 23, 2008

A Great Review

My latest M/M work of fiction, Fallen Angels, was released earlier this month. I enjoyed writing this book, but was weary on how well it would be taken.
Yesterday started out with a review sitting in my email. As usual, it took me several moments to open it and I'm glad I did.

Fallen Angels was given 5 stars by Rainbow Reviews (which I'm grateful for as they specialize in gay fiction). :)

"From the moment I started reading Fallen Angels I could not put it down. - This is an amazing read that I cannot recommend more highly!" ~ Emily

For the full review - http://rainbow-reviews.com/?p=375

Thought I'd start the week here with an excerpt :) Enjoy and see you in two weeks!



Genre: Contemporary/GLBT
http://www.loose-id.net/detail.aspx?ID=726

Blurb:
Adam Hardy’s assignment was clear: Infiltrate the pseudo-biker gang Fallen Angels and bring back the dirt on their big boss, Lucifer.

Nowhere in the mission statement did it tell him to fall for their leader, Mammon, named after the fallen angel of greed.

Marc, aka Mammon, thought that a quick dip would sate the lust he held for the newest Fallen Angel. After all, Adam would never be his now that Lucifer has taken an interest in the pretty boy. Intent on making him a golden boy.

Who knew sex and the unexpected bond of trust would bring the two men together as they try to take Lucifer down and out of their lives forever. Can the two survive all the obstacles thrown at them?

Excerpt:

“Food has nothing to do with what you want.” I gave him a shit-eating smirk.

His head fell back against the fridge. “How did you know?”

“It’s my job to observe, to know who I take into the fold.” His body trembled under mine, and he stilled. It only lasted a second, but I made note of it. There was a chance Adam wasn’t out, which would explain his reaction.

“So, now what?” His question came out breathlessly.

“Now we fuck, pretty boy.” Before Adam could protest, I grabbed hold of the bottom of his T-shirt and pulled it up over his head, effectively trapping his arms up in the material. He could have freed himself with just a small amount of struggle; instead, he stood there, chest heaving with his panting breath. Adam looked too hot, with his cheeks flushed and lips parted. Evidence of my need to shave had made the skin around those lickable lips irritated to match his rosy face.

Using one hand to hold his arms up, I bent my head and took a nibble at the closest nipple. He gasped, his head falling back and eyes closing. I sucked it between my teeth and bit harder. Adam’s body jerked, and a moan tore from his throat.

“Like that?” I asked, licking soothingly around the nipple.

There was a hesitation before his answer. “Yes.” It was spoken softly, as if he was reluctant to tell me. It made me wonder. Having had my share of lovers, not too many of the real pretty ones were into pain, afraid of marring their beauty. Most wanted the tender, soft touches of a gentle lover. But not all, as Adam was proof.

I left the straining nipple and trailed light kisses up his broad chest and then shifted over to his collarbone. Adam sighed in response; his body relaxed further into mine. I licked his neck; the salty flavor of sweat invaded my mouth. I licked again, then quickly sucked in flesh and bit. It wasn’t hard enough to break the skin, just enough to leave a mark. Adam’s hips jerked forward against me, and a cross between a cry of pain and moan of pleasure rocketed from his mouth.

I nearly spent my load right there. Iron-clad control was the only thing that kept it from happening. How long it would actually last was another story.

I stepped back abruptly, releasing Adam. He blinked at me, dazed and confused.
“Mammon?”

“Don’t talk. Bedroom. Now.” I spoke between clenched teeth. I turned and started to the bedroom, yanking at the buttons of my jeans. I didn’t have to look back to see if Adam followed. Could hear him hurrying behind a moment after leaving him in the kitchen.

By the time I reached the bed, I tugged my feet out of my jeans and damned the stubborn boots that had taken precious time to get off. Behind me, I heard Adam undressing as well. Turning, I found he, too, had trouble with his boots and jeans.

I was impatient. Almost desperate to be inside of him. I could imagine how hot and tight his ass would be. Again, I called upon that well-learned control as I watched him finally dispense with his last bit of clothing.

I went to the bedside table and retrieved the bottle of lube and a condom. The safe houses were always fully stocked. Throwing them onto the bed, I went to Adam. He looked around the room, and I sensed that he felt a little -- lost? Reluctant? Unsure? Maybe a little of each.

Kissing him swiftly, pulling his body to mine, our bare flesh finally came together. We moaned in unison as our cocks made contact. It never ceased to amaze me how wonderful it felt to have another hard dick rubbing along my shaft. Wetness seeped from my tip, anxious for action.

I pushed Adam toward the bed, releasing my hold. “On your knees, pretty boy.”

1 comment:

JenB said...

Oh my. This is on my shopping list, but I think I need to move it up a few notches. *fans self*

Related Posts with Thumbnails