Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dreams

I went into Barnes & Noble the other day and perused the fantasy section. Okay, more like...drooled over the fantasy section. So many books... so little time... and money... and space...

Anyway... One thing it did was galvanize me into action.

You see, fantasy has always been my love. I grew up on authors such as Tolkien and CS Lewis, lost myself in Middle Earth and Narnia. As an adult, I still adore those worlds, but I've also discovered new ones -- in literature, in movies, in games.

So what action did it galvanize me to take?

It sparked the need in me to do what I've always dreamed of: to see MY name on a fantasy book from one of the big publishers, like Tor or Daw. I want to write a fantasy series that stays with readers for ages. I want readers to become lost in my worlds, following my characters throughout entire series... and series within those series.

So I am.

It's not that I don't want to write the explicit stuff anymore. Not by any chance. I love writing it. I'll keep writing for my publishers for as long as they'll take me. But I also need to follow my ultimate dreams of becoming the next BIG name in fantasy. Of course... my heroes will be gay. ;)

2 comments:

Amanda Young said...

I think it's great that you're going for your dreams, Mychael. Good luck with your fantasy novel. I'm sure whatever you choose to write will be fabulous.

Liz said...

Thanks, hun. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails