Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yes, Virginia

If I’m looking at my calendar right, this is the time of year when I should make a blog post listing all the things I’m thankful for right? Let’s see, in no particular order: Snickers pie, hot m/m romances to read, single-estate Assam tea, hot m/m romances climbing up the New York Times best-seller list, a seven-figure advance, a page-six item featuring my favorite—Crap! Sorry, that’s my letter to Santa.

Yes, I do still write letters to Santa. I like putting my wishes down in concrete form. Of all the spiritual tenets I’ve come across, my favorite is “And it harm none, do what ye will.” Maybe it’s the hedonist in me, but it seems like a pretty good way to live your life. So I make a few positive requests of the universe, or Santa, or Snow White’s wishing well.

Try it. Neither Santa nor I can make absolute guarantees, especially on those big ticket items, but as long as it brings no one else ill, what’s the harm in asking?

In the wishes-that-have-come-true department, there are some things I can never express sufficient gratitude for: an amazing editor and most of all, readers. Thank you, guys.

So give it a try. Put those wishes out there. I’d love to hear them. Or you could just seal them in an envelope and mail them to the North Pole. It’ll be our secret.

One last prequel to Collision Course on my live journal.

And a great big helping (yes, even bigger than the helping of mashed potatoes my cousin will have on his plate tomorrow) of thank you again for reading.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails