Saturday, December 13, 2008

Introducing Myself - Maura Anderson

Slash & Burn Introduction

Hi everyone! As one of the two newest members of the Slash & Burn blog, I'd like to use this first post to introduce myself.

I'm Maura Anderson and I'm an author of both gay and straight erotic romance, with some paranormal for fun too. I'm still not sure if that translates to "diversely talented" or "schizophrenic," though. I'm also an editor for both Aspen Mountain Press and Manlove Romance Press in addition to being a published technical author under my legal name.

I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, youngest son and a frenzy of felines - and a parrot. The odd bird out, to be sure. My day job has been in the software industry for the last thirteen years so I'm also a bit of a geek. Someday I hope to be able to ditch the Evil Day Job, in whole or in part, and be able to just write. Of course, isn't that true for every author?

I have tons of new ideas all the time and last year I did a weekly Friday Flash on my blog to introduce my readers to some of these ideas. This year I may be forced to downgrade it to a bi-weekly Friday Flash so I can get my stories written. But I invite you to stop by my blog and look around - http://www.realmsoftheraven.com. You can see the Friday Flash archive at http://www.realmsoftheraven.com/free-stories/flash-fiction/.

My first gay romance, Giving Thanks, release in ebook form from Aspen Mountain Press on November 8th and spent over two weeks as the #1 best seller on the All Romance eBooks site! I'm amazed and grateful that readers liked Derek and Troy as much as I did and gave their story such a wonderful reception. This story will release in print form as a part of the Hot Comfort anthology from Manlove Romance Press SOON - I've been struggling with some nasty Real Life issues and it's hindered my completing the last story I owe for that anthology called Bittersweet. At this rate I'm going to owe my fellow authors and my editor one hell of a present! So I'm sorry it's taken so long, really!

You can read about Giving Thanks, including an excerpt, on my website at http://www.realmsoftheraven.com/coming-soon/giving-thanks/ .

I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with you all and letting you know what I'm up to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fantastic first and I look forward to more, maybe a Native American and 2 big coyote shifters m/m/m talk about a HOT tee pee!!
ROTFL
Ro

Anonymous said...

Maura,

I have really enjoyed your stories and congratulations on being a new member of the blog.

I liked Ro's suggestion.

Chris Roberts

Maura Anderson said...

Hi Ro, hi Chris!

I'm glad you enjoy my stories and thanks for the warm welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails