Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What's the Matter With Alphas These Days?

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy Solstice, Yule, Hanukah, Christmas, or Kwanzaa. I hope you are all enjoying time spent either with (or as far away from) your families as possible. As a gift, Samhain will be posting my free holiday story "Custom Christmas," a follow up to "Custom Ride" on December 26. If you didn't read "Custom Ride" don't worry. You can still follow all the schmoopy hot sex.

Second, I want to thank everyone who has so very kindly written about Joey and Aaron in Collision Course. I’m so glad that people loved them as much as I loved writing about them.

And now, what’s the matter with alphas these days? Mine in particular. I started out with this perfect emotionally damaged, closed off, stubborn bastard. But now that he’s come back in contact with the other hero (I told you I needed an intervention for Reunion Romances) he’s telling me that the one thing that he can’t resist, the one thing guaranteed to cut him off at the knees is Daniel.

Now Daniel popped into my head fairly alpha himself. He’s even more stubborn than Trey. (All characters have to be stubborn or they’d quit after the obstacles that come up by chapter three. Actually now I can see one, throwing in the towel saying, “That’s it. I’m done. You can’t keep doing this to me.” I’m surprised Miles Vorkosigan hasn’t done that to Lois McMaster Bujold after what she’s done to him, but I’m really wandering off topic here.) Daniel’s even more emotionally closed off, without half as good a reason as Trey and intellectualizes everything to the point where I want to smack him.

I knew having two alphas would be interesting. So far Daniel is winning the arrogant bastard award, but if you’re going to keep him on his toes, Trey, I need you to man up and learn how to say no to him. He needs it. You’ve got so much bottled rage, I’m sure you can do it. You don’t have to apologize again for what happened all those years ago. Getting the first one out of you was hard, but now you feel like you owe him.

Does anyone else have advice for Trey? Or anyone else want to chime in about alphas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms. Mitchell please keep writing your arrogant closed of characters, because you're one of two authors for me in e-book publishing that does it with flair and such ease, that it makes me love them even more.

Let Daniel and Trey have it, they know what they're doing -g-

Related Posts with Thumbnails