Sunday, July 5, 2009

Men and pets

Happy day after fireworks, Americans. Happy Sunday to everyone else! I spent my Fourth doing very American things - parades, barbecues, fireworks. And while I was at said parades, barbecues, and fireworks, I noticed a common theme: Men With Dogs.

Big dogs, small dogs, yappy dogs, quiet dogs. Long haired and short haired and even one doggie with no hair. It didn't know how ugly it was, which made it very cute, actually. I just love seeing men holding onto the leash of a dog. Men with pets make me all squooshy inside. I especially love a man who is secure enough to own a cat. ;) I've written a couple of books where my main characters have pets; the most notable one is probably Keeping Karma, but I don't know that Alex would really advocate having ALL of those animals at one time. He loves his critters, though.

So, stories with animals: yes or no? Just as a matter of personal taste, I'd prefer to read about men with pets instead of men with children. This is not to say that men with kids isn't hot, because whoa, I love me some tender dads. I think I just prefer to read about men's interaction with his four-legged friends.

Have a couple of pictures to illustrate my point.





And one last thing... if you don't know Rich Juzwiak and his cat Winston, you're missing out on some very entertaining videos of a gay man and his hilarious kitty. You can check out his blog with just the Winston posts HERE.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, everyone. Go hug your pet.

2 comments:

Maia Strong said...

Oh yes. Men with pets is something I enjoy greatly, in fiction and in RL. It's just so...*sigh*. :)

Tory Temple said...

Sorry Maia, didn't see this earlier. I have to agree with you on all counts... men being sensitive and tender to animals makes me fluttery. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails