Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo *again*?

It's year four for me and NaNoWriMo. Once again, I'm trying to hit 2K words/day. It's a method that has worked well enough for me in the past, and that is holding fairly true again this year. At that rate, you see, I can reach the 50K goal five days early, which is nice because I hate bringing anything in at the last possible moment. I had a bit of a set-back yesterday, unfortunately. Yesterday I was too fucking angry to produce more than 82 words. I could have typed more, but it would have been nothing but vitriol. Venomous and hateful things that have absolutely nothing to do with the story or the characters in it. The book deserves better than that. I'm not one of those lucky people who can lose themselves in writing. (That's what theatre is for.) But it's a rare day where my emotions take over so powerfully that I can't write at all. It's been several years since I've been this angry about anything, and I admidt it's a little scary to discover that I am still so very good at sustained rage. It's not something to be proud of, you know? So, I'm hoping for a better word count today, but I just don't know. I'm still furious beyond all rational arguments. Wish me luck? I could use it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails