Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New, New, New!

I got a new cover. Didja see? Didja, didja?? :D I officially *heart* it! My editor sent it just yesterday. Such an awesome "welcome back from vacation" surprise! Release date is late July. (Am I the only author who can't remember her release dates when she gets them? I probably am. I mean, it's only, like, HUGELY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. But I digress.) So anyway, the book is with the line editor, so we're in the final stages now. I'm so excited about this one. It's sci-fi (obviously), which is a totally fun change from fantasy--despite the fact that every bookstore I've ever seen lumps the two together. Of course, that's probably why I've read so much of both all my life.

Also new is that I finally sent another manuscript in. It's been a while since I submitted anything novel length, and this one's been kicking around since its inception at NaNoWriMo 2007. Yes, I said 2007. Oy. It's m/m + m/m/f, fantasy again, but with magic and mystery, too. Fingers crossed the editor likes it.

But wait, there's more! I've had beta edits on my second GLBT paranormal novel for nearly a month now but, seeing as I was on vacation very far away from reality, I never actually got around to looking at them, never mind going through them all. I started that process yesterday and can I just say that my betas rock? Only one of them has read this one so far but, dude, her comments are so useful! I'm dying to finish my first pass and then start on the serious work of revising. Whee!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails