Sunday, March 13, 2011

I spent the week doing edits on two separate books and the subsequent marketing documents that go with them. Torquere's requirements for marketing docs are fairly easy, yet I always get caught up in "Should I use THIS excerpt or this one? What kind of blurb should I write? Oh, damn, I have no idea of the heat rating on this book." Basically, when you pour your blood, sweat, and tears into a novel, trying to describe it in 300 words or less is much harder than writing the actual book.

I still like doing the marketing document better than the cover art request form, though. That's the one that really makes me panic, mostly because my covers don't often turn out the way I expected them to. I have one hard and fast rule: no faces. Funny, because I love other people's covers with faces on them! But I have such a clear picture in my head of my own characters that I don't like seeing a false representation of them on my book covers.

Anyway, I expect by the next time my blog day rolls around, I'll have a buy link for at least one of those books I mentioned. If you're curious, there's a "coming soon" blurb for each of them at my site, Stems and Petals. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails