Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This and That

Okay, so which summer movies are you most looking forward to? For me, it's X-Men: First Class (hello Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy!) and the last Harry Potter installment. I almost don't want to watch Harry, as I don't want it to be over. After the last book, it was nice still having several movies. I'm going to miss this series so, so much.

Speaking of HP, I saw Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying on Broadway last week, and he was fantastic! The staging and costumes were so colourful and fun, and the show was an old-fashioned singin' and dancin' extravaganza. I expected Daniel to be capable and decent enough, but he far exceeded my expectations. He has a lovely singing voice that is stronger than I thought it would be based on the clips. "I Believe" and "Rosemary" stand out especially. His comedic timing is excellent, and he just gave a terrific performance. I really wish he'd gotten a Tony nom! But I'm sure he will one day if he keeps performing like this and pushing his boundaries.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails