Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random Ramblings

Well nuts. Last week I had three different blog posts rattling around in my head, but today, as that lovely pop-up reminder tells me to post to Slash & Burn, I can’t remember a single one of them.

I blame this head cold. Who gets sick in June when hot chicken soup is out of the question?

I’ve been keeping busy, maybe even too busy with several different projects going at once. I’m a mere two chapters away from finishing the first draft of a cowboy novella. The characters for a freebie for the M/M group over on GoodReads have finally met, but still need to have some fun. And edits for my debut with Loose Id have been keeping me busy in between those two. Throw in weekly CRANK chapters, the occasional run, the Job That Pays The Bills, and a Muse who won’t let me forget the punk rocker, the cross-dresser, the male transgender, or the pretty young rent boy, and it’s a wonder I still find time to read and sleep.

It sounds like a lot when I write about it, but I lost count of how many days I’ve left the Job That Pays The Bills too mentally exhausted to write coherently, even for an hour. Ah, but that is a topic for another time. Perhaps I will revisit Job That Pays The Bills woes in a future blog post. Preferably, the one where I announce I’m retiring to write full time.

Hey, I can dream. Right?

Anyway, I’m rambling. I blame the flu clogging up my head. I remember, now, that I was supposed to blog about Tootsie Pops, but alas, I must save that story for another time. I need some brain power to edit CRANK’s chapter before I post it later today, so I’ll let you go, dear Readers. Hopefully when next I land in this blog, I’ll have some lovely cover art and a release date for my Loose Id summer love story. In the meantime, Man Whore has been released in print as of yesterday. Visit Silver Publishing for information on how to order it.

Have a great Sunday, and... wanna play hookie with me tomorrow?

Ciao,
Pia Veleno
http://piaveleno.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails