Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Busy-bee = Tired brain

We've actually had some proper summer lately. Saturday and Monday were sunny and gorgeous. I got to spend Saturday at the Scottish Highland Games, which is one of my favourite things to do. I know I've blogged about it before. Kilts and bagpipes just make me happy. Getting to hear the bands The Wicked Tinkers and Brother was fabulous, too. (There's music on both those sites, btw. So if you click, be forewarned. It's awesome music. You just might not want bagpipes and didgeridoos blaring from your speakers at work.) They both rocked the fairgrounds multiple times that day. I always feel a little empty when I come home from the Games, though, and not just in that empty wallet way. ;-P My bro summed it up well when he said it was strange to be home and no longer hear the ever-present drone of B-flat. There's nothing quite like 100+ pipers all playing "Scotland the Brave" at the same time.

My July has been completely nuts. I've been in rehearsals for a show (with some of the straightest men I've ever seen--very, very odd in the theatre world) and I was participating in a project to write a minimum of 100 words a day. I cranked out about 15K in just over two weeks. Not exactly NaNoWriMo pace, but it was a really good exercise (in a month that isn't November for a change) in just getting in there and doing it. Amazing what a little discipline can do. On the flip side, though... Brain power? I haz no more to give. Which is a shame because I'm in tech and my show opens Friday. *eep!* Wish me luck.

Oh! I nearly forgot! I blogged about my writing process (what there is of it, at least) last Tuesday over at Nine Naughty Novelists. Swing on over and check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails