Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sherlock

Thanks to Netflix, I've been playing catchup on various series. I wasn't sure what I'd think at first of BBC series Sherlock, a contemporary high-tech take on Sir Arthur's beloved characters. I thought, "Surely no one can top Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law in the original Victorian setting!" I gave this updated version a chance, however, and what can I say?



Love it. Absolutely love it. The show is highly stylized in terms of production and cinematography, with fast-paced action, brainy deductions, and gadgets galore. Actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman breathe new life into their roles, helping Holmes and Watson fit perfectly in a modern London setting. Best of all, the scriptwriters throw a bone to Holmes/Watson fans by totally playing up the gay innuendo.



Season one consists of three 90-minute episodes. Season two is in the works. I can't wait!

Cheers,
Katrina Strauss
http://www.katrinastrauss.com

1 comment:

Maia Strong said...

Welcome to the collective. ;-) I'm so excited for S2 that I can't even stand it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails