Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snowpocalypse 2012?

The weather sites for my area are tossing around words like Snowpocalypse and Snowmageddon again. And this time, should the predictions come true, they'll actually be quite accurate. They're saying there could be 14" in 24 hours on Wednesday. Now, bear in mind that a) that would break the current record set in 1969, and b) 4" of snow at the wrong time of day (i.e. afternoon rush hour) can bring my city of hills and bureaucracy (Hm. I typed bureaucrazy first, and that might be a better term.) to a complete cluster-fuck of a stand-still. I'd be fine with this snowy prediction if I weren't supposed to be flying to San Diego on Thursday, but again, should predictions come true, all that snow would be melting by then. What it comes down to is 'Who the hell knows?' Answer: No one. So, I'm looking on the bright side and thinking of fun things to do with snow. Building snowmen is fun. Like these:



Or one could just play in the snow like this fellow:



That looks a little less fun to me, but to each his own.

Or maybe I'll just curl up with a good book. So I'm looking for recommendations! What books keep you warm and cozy on a cold and snow-filled day?

5 comments:

Pia Veleno said...

Love the snowmen, Maia. Keep warm! :)

Maia Strong said...

Thanks! Wish I could take credit for them, but I have neither enough snow nor enough sculpting talent. ;-) *off to make cocoa and watch for this supposed snow storm*

Kate Davies said...

I just finished reading Matched, by Ally Condie. Really enjoyed it! Fun future worldbuilding, interesting YA fic. It's a trilogy, though, and only the first two books are out yet. I'm on the wait list for Crossed, but may have to break down and buy it first. :)

K.A. Mitchell said...

Loved the snowmen. I've never seen that before!

Maia Strong said...

Kate, thanks for the tip. You know how I enjoy YA.
K.A., I hadn't either. Ain't it a hoot?

Related Posts with Thumbnails