Sunday, April 1, 2012

Character Pains

When it rains, it pours. That’s the saying, isn’t it? It certainly suits my writing style. I’ll have weeks where I don’t have enough hours in the day to complete everything on my To Do List, and then there will be several days in a row where I don’t even think about a current project. Part of the latter is often a reflection of busy periods at the Evil Day Job, but that’s a topic for another blog post.

This weekend the downpour started again. My current contracted project, Hounded By Love, is out with the line editor, so I should have time to be social for a few days. Right? Well, I had friends over last night, but today I have to write the next chapter of CRANK, this Slash and Burn post, and do some major revisions for a Coming Out call. I’m fairly certain one of my publishers had an LRC chat scheduled today too. Besides that, I need to start scheduling guest blog visits for the release of Hounded, and let’s not forget a meal or two and, hopefully, a little physical exercise to combat staring at the laptop all day.

No, it’s not all going to get done. I know that, and it’s okay.

But, then a girlfriend that is always just as busy calls to see if I’m free for dinner. It’s enough to make me scream. Except…the screaming is taking place on the page, because if I don’t have time during a brief interlude when my friend does, then I can, at the least, channel that frustration into a story, and take it out on fictional characters. Sorry, boys, but it’s not my fault.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails