Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Fever!

We're into the 2012 Summer Olympics and I can pretty much give up on being productive until the games are over. I mean, the swimmers, the divers, and the water polo players, the rowers, the beach volleyball players... ::drool:: ... Uh... What was I saying?

Oh! I should do a quick follow-up on my last post and my trip to OSF in Ashland, OR. Well... I was disappointed in Troilus & Cressida, which I was really looking forward to. My favourite Elizabethan/Ancient Greek m/m pair were sorely under-served. I can't recall the last time I saw a director play against the text like that. Oh wait, yes I can, but that doesn't make it okay. Frankly, the director did a few things right, but in more ways failed to make strong enough choices. Performances were strong; directing was so-so. Such a shame.

And now back to your Olympic coverage. I think there's more swimming on this evening...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails