Sunday, June 2, 2013

Be Loud

It’s a new month again. Already. Wasn’t I just here?

My Day Job has been keeping me so busy I’ve hardly had a chance to think, let alone write. I did, however, carve out a small bit of time to write a post for the Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

While the Day Job has been keeping me too busy to read every post or even comment on those I’ve squeezed in during this Hop, I have been thinking a lot about what we can do to support our gay and trans brothers and sisters. Sure, blog hops are a fun way to encourage support and education, it doesn’t feel like enough. Personally I default to giving to charities. Throwing money at a problem doesn’t make it go away. It helps those that can and will assist do so, yet it still doesn’t feel like it is truly enough.

I don’t have any easy answers, and I’ll continue to dwell on what else I can do until I find a solution I can be happy with. Until then, I ask each of you to not forget the posts you’ve read during this hop, and keep in your hearts and minds that friends and strangers alike need the strength of the entire world to stand against the hate of the closed-minded fools.


Love trumps hate, but only if we show it by standing up against those that would oppress us with their close-minded views. Love is louder. Be loud, cari miei.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails